This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
We fully respect your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
Collection and use of personal information
Hands Up For Children does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer. Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by Hands Up For Children only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
In certain circumstances you may also request that data which you have supplied via the website be deleted. If you wish to request a deletion, you would generally be expected to identify some contravention of data protection law in the manner in which this office processes the data concerned.
Complaints about data processed via the website.
If you are concerned about how personal data are processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to Hands Up For Children.
Collection and use of technical information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address of the visitor's web server
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor.
- Hands Up For Children will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of Hands Up For Children never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by Hands Up For Children and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute "personal data" for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
If you are concerned about how personal data are processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to us at: info[at]handsupforchildren[dot]ie